Monday 9 November 2009

MAJOR PROJECT MID-TERM PRESENTATION...

...Went pretty well.

Itai's Feedback:

Main concern was the scale of the project - 15 different setups in different locations. Need to orchestrate it very carefully.

Would recommend shooting it on medium format digital (can borrow from LCF rental shop) or top end DSLR - to give me a safety net with the lack of budget I have.

Before I look at any influences or stylistic references I need to evaluate every frame - lighting (daylight/artificial), crew, model (who/how many models).

Shoot recce of locations for reference when I have my tutorial with Kelly.

Other concern was how contemporary I could make it, so it doesn't look like a 70's type editorial ie Helmut Newton - big machinery etc.

The images of Olga Kurylenko by Ellen Von Unwerth is trying to look like dated glamour photography.

Down to the styling and the ingredients in the frame to make it contemporary. Styling is extremely important, as is the type of girl and what she looks like.

Leila's Feedback:

Test the first 5 frames of my storyboard - know what I am shooting with, what lens to use, get the lights tested out (use my mates to test).

When I have done the first 5 frames, evaluate them and see if they (and the other 10) will be do-able in the time frame we have.

If not I may need to adapt the shoot to something more manageable.

Kelly's Feedback:

Team is a big aspect of the editorial, especially model. With 15 setups - will be lucky to shoot 2-3 in a day, so I need a team I can take out again and again.

My Reflection From The Feedback I Was Given:

Would be ideal to have an assistant for each shoot, to help with lighting, especially in the night-time shots.

Whatever route I choose to take the editorial, I need to identify it, and show through research why I want to do it that way.

Have back-up idea always ready in case the scale of a jailbreak scenario is too much. This will probably be my original idea of incorporating a plane: "Models day trip to France".

Start testing straight away, so that I can identify if the project is achievable as early as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment