Friday 13 November 2009

DISSERTATION MID-TERM PRESENTATION...

...Also went quite well.

Very relieved to get positive all-round feedback, as I have been struggling for so long to come up with a topic that relates to my major project idea.

Itai's Feedback:

Good presentation. Good thought process. Good research. Gathered information is all valid.

Need to make a decision on what I want to write about - too many subjects in dissertation.

Preferred the second half of my presentation - regarding the authority of police uniforms and deindividuation.

If I decide to focus on "How authority is represented in Fashion Photography", it would be a good idea to look at contemporary American fashion photography as opposed to British, because I will find a better representation there.

Quite a lot to research for that topic, and might end up going over 8000 words, but this is not a concern.

Mark's Feedback:

Already got the questions on uniforms, and as soon as I start reading Uniforms Exposed By Jennifer Craik the contradictions that I have identified will be highlighted.

Kelly's Feedback:

From where I was 2 weeks ago I am doing really well.

My Reflection From The Feedback I Was Given:

Obviously I need to start reading much more academic sources, so that my direction/argument will become clear to me - Uniforms Exposed By Jennifer Craik, Language of Fashion By Roland Barthes, etc.

Need to make a decision on what area to focus on - think I will look at the Authority topic, as opposed to the Controversy topic, but I need to find out what route to take with it.

2 comments:

Jonty van Zeller said...

Mate just to say every the word count thing every dissertation will end up being around 12000 words and then u just have to cut it down to the juicy bits so wouldnt worry about the word count

Misato Karibe said...

you geek!
well done on writing the feed back. that was the smart thought! i dont think i remember all the comment that i got from the tutors.... ah..

Post a Comment